StandardsInternational : Nexans specification
National : Factory standard
NS4 which is made of powder coated galvanized steel is suitable for use in all types of splicing and / or branching.
Suitable environments are indoors or outdoors in street cabinet or similar.
NS4 has the capacity for splicing up to 192 fibers in single fiber type (four splice cassettes). NS4 is designed for "midspan" without any accessory needs to be procured.
NS4 is supplied with the ability to splice 96 fibers (two splice cassettes) and connect two trunk cables with dimensions up to 22 mm. NS4 supplemented with connections to the micro cables or micro ducts to be connected, see Accessories for NS2 and NS4. NS4 can accommodate a total of four connections in various designs this flexibility means that NS4 can be used in most combinations of splicing and branching of fiber optic cables. For additional splice capacity up to 192 fibers supplemented NS4 with two splice cassettes.
If NS4 is used in street cabinets or the like the top cover can be used as distance in order to facilitate accessibility for installation.
For more information refer to installation instructions.
The basic version includes:
- Connection of two cables up to 22 mm diameter (mid span)
- Two splice cassettes
- Lock cylinder (scored)
- Ten plastic clips
- Connection for 8 cables with a dimension up to 9 mm
- Connection for 48 micro cables with a dimension between 1.0 and 2.0 mm
- Connection for cables with a dimension between 9-22 mm
- Connection of micro ducts (7 mm)
- Connection of micro ducts (5 mm)
- Connection of micro ducts (4 mm)
- Connection of micro ducts (3 mm)
- Splice cassette
For more information refer to "Splice cabinet NS2/NS4, accessories"
|Approximate weight per piece||3.7kg|
|Field of application||Indoor, Outdoor|