From engineering to production, as well as qualification and testing
Nexans has worked with cables for over 100 years and has over 25 years’ experience as a manufacturer of umbilicals for the offshore sector adapted to the demanding North Sea conditions.
Nexans has qualified control umbilicals and power umbilicals for sea depths of 3000 metres and is aiming even deeper.
Nexans supplies complete EPC (Engineering, Procurement and Construction) umbilical solutions, from engineering to production, as well as qualification and testing. Nexans can also provide assistance during installation.
- All components are manufactured in-house
- Component testing and full-scale testing are carried out at our factories
- The engineering department is located in the Halden factory and works in teams from project start-up through to delivery
- Solution-oriented and predictable project execution
- Steel tube welding is carried out at our factory in Halden
- Electrical and fibre-optic elements are produced at our factories
- Over 40,000 tons of storage capacity on turntables, which are also suitable for umbilicals with large steel tube dimensions
- Local storage in the USA intended for the Gulf of Mexico
- We have been supplying umbilicals since 1986
- Technology leader which has introduced:
- The steel tube umbilical (1993)
- The dynamic steel tube umbilical (1995)
- The dynamic centre tube umbilical (1996)
- The static centre tube (1996)
- Hybrid umbilicals with thermoplastic hoses and steel tubes (1999)
- The world’s longest umbilical at 145 km delivered to Snøhvit (2005)
- The steel tube power umbilical (2007)