Ultra-deep sea depths developed over several phases
- The Atlantis Field is situated in the Gulf of Mexico at a depth of 2150 metres and contains 600 million barrels of oil.
- Semi-submersible platform which is connected to a subsea oil field.
- The umbilical delivery started with 53 km of umbilical in 2005 and has continued in several development phases.
Challenges of the project:
- Water depths of over 2000 metres.
- Demanding technological challenges with regard to the design for dynamic use.
- The umbilicals consist of separate electrical and hydraulic umbilicals, as well as flying leads (short, simple umbilical lengths).