Ground-breaking sea depths
- The Na Kika project is situated in the Gulf of Mexico, around 230 km southeast of New Orleans, at a depth of 2300 metres.
- Shell was the operator during the development phase, while BP took over during the production phase.
- Total length 145 km.
- Electrohydraulic umbilicals and flying leads (short, simple umbilical lengths).
Challenges of the project:
- Ground-breaking sea depths. Installation of umbilicals down to 2300 metres.
- Comprehensive and complex project.
- Initially, ten umbilicals totalling 94 km were delivered to Shell in 2003.
- IIn subsequent phases, more umbilicals have been delivered to BP. In 2006, 28 km and in 2009, 23 km, and further development of the field is under way.