First centre tube umbilical
- Norne is situated around 80 kilometres north of the Heidrun Field in the North Sea.
- The depth of the sea in the area is 380 metres.
- The field has been developed using a production and storage vessel, the “Norne FPSO”, connected to seven subsea manifolds.
- Project duration 1995 – 2011.
The customer’s challenges:
- The first dynamic centre tube umbilical in the world.
- The first FPSO (floating platform) so far north with demanding weather conditions.
- Exacting requirements for dynamic analysis.